Life, code and music.
Links


Articles
Archives
11.04.2008

History Has Been Made



This makes me happy. It's strange to think my children will grow up in a world where this is not only a possibility, but it actually happened. Given the world I grew up in, I only understand on an intellectual level why this is such a big deal. On a personal level, a person's race is such a non-issue, I have trouble making that big a deal about it. For my children, this is even more so. They will grow up in a world where they will look back (like they do now at the parodied bigotry in movies like "Hairspray") and wonder what the big deal was. I'm down with that.

Peter


Blogger David

very well put. I have high hopes for our president elect, but I won't be surprised if I end up lowering my opinion of him as he starts actually being president. Still no matter what, there's good going on here. As my Unitarian friends like to say, "the arc of the universe is long but it bends towards justice"... which, thanks to the Internet, I now know is a quote from Martin Luther King.

01:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

© 2001-2005 20six20